Friday, August 22, 2008

Leaving San Blas, bound for Puerto Escondido!

Leaving San Blas tomorrow morning, bound for epic waves at what is probably Mexico's most world renown break, Puerto Escondido! Neck breaking barrels type of stuff! Not that I will be taking part in the 20' barrels or anything, I will be off to the side enjoying some 6-10' mellow waves, at least, that is the idea.

I think the drive is something around 850 kilometers or so, basically about the length of the Baja Peninsula, going to be one mother of a drive, should take a couple days at least, and that is if we don't stop to surf on the way!

One thing I am definitely getting sick as hell of is Mosquitos, and then No-See-Ems (in Espanol, He Hennas?) I sit here, covered in bites, yes we have coils going all evening and I have taken to spraying the screens and doorway with 100% deet in hopes the fuckers will stop the endless advance for blood! To no avail, I remain food for the Mosquito hordes!

Josh and I keep getting hurt too, we went to a waterfall, Josh figured it would be a good idea to jump off the cliff into the pool from 60' up or so, that took at least 3 days to recover from.. My back is doing well though now, I have been holding back on everything so I am 110% for Puerto, just dying to get out in some epic swells at this point.

Anyway, off to pack for the drive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet man, POST some pics when you guys get to those 20' swells...