Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 11 - Pescadero (an open Wifi AP by the beach, I shit you not)

Well, except for today, the surf isn't terrible, waves are big, 4-6ish but there are still no real shoulders, definitely not a point break, or even a rock/coral break, those would at least have some consistency to them, these have size but absolutely zero consistency, you are always chasing a shoulder. Also, a lot of closeouts, I sat around yesterday just before the evening session and got few pics, nothing substantial but a few are decent.

Fucking Hazel, barks, at fucking EVERYTHING. Middle of the day, we are just lying around and she jumps up and starts growling and barking at some fucking dog a 1/4 mile away! What. The. Fuck. I get it, she wants to make friends and all, I take her out for walks twice a day and throw the ball down the beach and all that till she can barely breath, then take her in for some water training, which usually amounts to me dragging her against her will into the ocean for about 20 minutes, till she is too tired to fight back.. Needless to say, she doesn't seem to like the ocean.

There is an ENORMOUS house here by the beach, apparently some VERY rich guy is building it right out on the point, I was talking to another surfer in the water this morning about it, he does construction/development and he says stuff isn't much cheaper down here, the sea wall alone probably costs around 1.5mil.... Thats fucking crazy, I will attach pics of the house when I get around to offloading em, not sure if I have the cable to do that though, which sucks.

I am leaving here, hopefully between the 2nd or the 3rd, bound for Mazatlan by way of a ferry out of La Paz. It's about an hour drive north to La Paz, then the ferry takes about 6 hours to some town on the mainland I forget the name of, then a 3 hour drive south to Mazatlan, the ferry does indeed go straight to Mazatlan but it takes something like 16 hours... Thanks, but I will drive. So anyway, I am meeting a group of Italian dudes there and we are caravanning it south from there, apparently there are a lot of "banditos" perusing the highway so you want to do your best to caravan down the freeways. Banditos would be the bad guys that carjack you on the freeway.

Oh, btw, I am posting because there is actually an open WAP here by the beach, I can only assume it is the Bar here by the beach, how sweet is that? Pretty sweet, that's how! Anyway yeah, I usually go surf in the mornings for a couple hours then again in the evenings for a couple hours, so midday I have not a whole lot to do but avoid the sun. Reading/Sleeping/Writing/Drawing/Fucking around online are my main diversions...

It is already looking to be completely blown out today, the wind is definitely up, no big deal though, should mean it will be cooler today, usually gets to like low to mid 90's out here, with a decent amount of humidity, mostly used to it by now though.

By the way, here is the beach in google maps that I am at right now:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=23.327912,-110.175748&spn=0.009064,0.013819&t=h&z=16

Blah, lemme go see if I have the cable to get the pictures off this camera now..

No comments: